Monday, July 30, 2012

My Kind of Food

Cooking is not usually my kind of thing but is something that I am going to have to become more familiar with. Coming to Canada I find that not as much food is fried as I would like and finding chili without beans can be difficult. Luckily my husband's dad found me some beanless chili which is actually very good. I may have been a little over dramatic when I couldn't find beanless chili for the whole two days that I searched, but I just love chili cheese dogs. Being so far away from home can be hard enough and not being able to enjoy a good chili cheese dog every once in a while would have just made it harder. Thanks to great father in law I now can devour my yummy chili cheese dogs!

Besides chili cheese dogs I love fried food. I decided to finally put a pinterest recipe to use for once. Me and Steven made country fried steak, fried okra, mash potatoes, and gravy. For a southern lady who is trying to improve the little cooking skills I have, of course I took what help I could get from my gentleman. Boy did he help! The meal was pretty good though I took a good mental note on which items needed more seasoning for the next time. I guess this cooking thing ain't so bad after all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...